Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
*8 private patient rooms
*Fast-paced, high acuity unit
- Private restrooms
- Computers to facilitate bedside documentation and medication verification
- Beds capable of NIBP, Sp02, arterial, pulmonary artery, cardiac output, temperature and arrhythmia monitoring.
- Satellite Nursing stations allow direct observation of the critical patient.
*CVICU nurses are specialized for their fields, requiring an RN Degree and are able to utilize advanced technology and evidence-based guidelines in caring for the patients in the CVICU; Certification in BLS (basic life support) and Certification in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support).
*The CVICU Patient population includes:
- Post-operative cardiothoracic surgical patients
- MI ( Myocardial Infarction)
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Dysrhythmias
- Structural heart disease
- Pre/post-op vascular and cardiac surgery
- Video Assisted Thoracotomies
- Neurological Surgeries
- Carotid Artery Procedures