Since some surgical and medical needs do not require overnight stays, National Park Medical Center provides many outpatient services for patients in Hot Springs and the surrounding communities. The focus of our outpatient services is to not only provide you and your family convenience, but also to earn your trust by providing quality services for both surgery and recovery.
National Park Medical Center provides a comprehensive range of services for outpatient surgeries, tests and other procedures. The caring, professional staff provides a comfortable and safe atmosphere that provides quality outpatient treatment without a lengthy hospital stay. The GI Endoscopy Lab is included in the Outpatient department’s scope of service.
Out Patient Procedures
Pre-Admission is the first step to having an out patient procedure. When scheduling the procedure, patients will receive an appointment time to meet with the pre-admitting nurse. It is important to the safety and efficiency that a patient pre-admits. If it is necessary to cancel, please notify the hospital no less than one hour in advance and reschedule the appointment.
During pre-admission, a nurse will go over any instructions that were given to you by the admitting physician and review your medical history. In addition, all hospital forms and paperwork are filled out during this appointment, making the day of your procedure much easier. When pre-admitting, please bring a photo ID, a copy of insurance card(s), and any pre-arranged co-pays. Also, please bring a list of all medications you are currently taking (prescription, non-prescription, vitamins, etc…)
To pre-admit, please come to the main-entrance of the hospital (behind the fountain), turn right in to the lobby area and sign-in at the admissions desk. An admissions clerk will be with you soon.
Out Patient Surgery Instructions
- Arrive at NPMC Admitting, front entrance behind the fountain, at your specified time.
- Do not wear any jewelry or bring any valuables to the hospital
- Make certain you have made arrangements for someone to drive you home after your surgery. You will not be allowed to drive yourself due to the medication/anesthesia that you will receive.
- Dress in comfortable clothing
- You will be asked to remove any dentures or partial plates. You may bring your own denture container or we will provide you with one
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring your container to store them. You will not be allowed to wear them during a procedure that requires anesthesia
- If your medication list or medical history has changed since your Pre-Admitting visit, please bring your updated information with you
- Make a list of questions you may have and bring them with you or you may contact our nursing staff at (501) 620-2358 or (501) 620-2550.
On the day of the procedure arrive at the NPMC main-entrance (just as you did when pre-admitting) and sign-in at the admissions desk. Since all of the paper work is taken care of during the pre-admission appointment, you may go directly to the department to prepare for surgery. A nurse will verify your medical information once more before assigning you to a private room.
While we strive to make certain that there are no delays in providing your procedure or service, please understand that unforeseen emergencies and circumstances may cause a delay. The nursing staff will keep you updated on the status of the delay if this does occur.
Patients are discharged in accordance with his/her physician’s orders. The nursing staff will provide you with a list of the doctor’s instructions.
If it is necessary for any family members to stay overnight, hotel accommodations near the hospital can be made. You may acquire a list of hotels within the area that provide a discount to patient families through out patient scheduling or ask your nurse.
Outpatient Scheduling (501) 620-2360
Admitting (501) 620-1441